CoreSite is currently accepting applications for an opening on our Audit Team.
Vice President of Internal Audit, Risk and Operational Compliance - Denver, CO
Vice President of Internal Audit, Risk and Operational Compliance Role:
The Vice President of Internal Audit, Risk and Operational Compliance will work with the Audit Committee of the Board and with Senior Management to develop and implement company-wide programs for Risk Management, effective internal controls, internal audits of operations, IT and financial operations and manage CoreSite’s customer facing compliance program (e.g., PCI, ISO, SSAE, HIPAA, etc.). The VP must be an expert in system and process design and testing, internal audit best practices and innovations, effective use of IT to assist and automate controls and risk management, and be highly ethical, collaborative, detail-oriented, dynamic, flexible, dedicated and have exceptional communication skills.
As the leader of the company’s Internal Audit team, this position is also responsible for the documentation, testing and assessment over the control environment of the Company associated with the annual S-Ox 404 certifications.
This is a fast-paced, highly visible role that requires a strong work ethic and positive, problem-solving attitude. In order to be successful, this person should have the ability to manage highly confidential information and interact with all levels of management throughout the Company and with the Directors of the Company.
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of Enterprise Risk Management, including efficient and ongoing assessment, monitoring, reporting to the Audit Committee and assisting process owners with developing risk response and oversight plans
· Contribute to a variety of operational, integrated, financial and special reviews of company-wide and facility operations with an emphasis on internal controls, execution of designed processes and protocols, operating efficiencies and compliance with government and industry regulations, as well as corporate policies; evaluate the selected business operation and develop relevant, cost saving, control and process improvement ideas to assist the organization in meeting its goals (i.e., value-add)
· Use current technology and tools to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of risk oversight and ongoing measurement and other internal audit deliverables and services
· Assess and integrate the utilization of data and analytics into the internal audit function and use information to increase effectiveness, efficiencies, and predictive analytics capabilities
· Prepare and present findings to the Company’s Audit Committee
· Continually assess the Company’s control environment and lead the Company’s SOX compliance efforts
· Review and update or change the company’s annual audit plan to document, test and assess its internal control structure in order to meet filing deadlines
· Identify areas of concern and perform audits to support findings and recommendations, including financial, operational and other audits as necessary
· Present audit findings to the Executive team and work with department managers to ensure follow through on audit recommendations
· Conduct a monthly one-on-one meeting with CEO to keep both abreast of company developments, plans and findings
· Supervise current staff and other resources assigned to support activities above
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to work and effectively communicate with individuals at various levels, including Directors and Executive team members
· Willingness to perform and supervise all levels of work in the department, including detailed testing, documentation and high-level assessment
· Excellent listening, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Excellent knowledge of COSO framework
· Hands-on, self-starter who is a fast learner and disciplined and detail orientated; ability to take initiative to identify areas that need to be addressed and ensure recommendations are addressed
· Ability to work independently as well as in team setting that requires a highly accurate and timely work product
· High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Excels in a team-orientated work environment
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Computer Science or Information Systems, Engineering and/or other appropriate academic major
· At least 15 years of overall experience with concentrated, active involvement in Risk Management, Contract Audit initiatives, operational and control improvements and a minimum of 5 years in management experience, preferably managing an Internal Audit Department
· A combination of external and internal audit experience preferred
· CPA, CIA, ACA strongly preferred
· Strong understanding of internal controls and exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley, Enterprise Risk Management or other corporate governance requirements
· Experience with data and related analytics for predictability, reporting and use during risk assessment and monitoring and related audit plan
· Strong leadership skills, exceptional work ethic and drive for constant development of self and team
· Strong time management, organization and project management skills, with the capacity to multi-task on several on-going projects
· Ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to deal effectively with people at all levels from different cultures
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Understanding of GAAP accounting and IFRS is valuable
· Experience working in a publicly traded company is essential
· Experience in telecom or datacenter industries, and experience with construction and development, are valuable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Benefits & Life at CoreSite:
Not only does CoreSite have a fun, team-focused work environment, but we also offer great benefits!
- Medical and Vision coverage through Cigna Heath Care
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-term Disability Insurance fully paid by the company
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans
- Free parking or a company contribution toward a public transit pass
- 3 weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 paid Holidays
- Wellness Program with annual incentive